Sunday, March 8, 2015

First Finish for the Quarter

It's only taken about 4 weeks to get this quilt bound. However, it is now done and is my first finish for the quarter.




Generally, I am not a fan of pieced backs, but I didn't want to buy any more fabric so pieced the back for this one. And I don't mind it.




Carol Fearon did the quilting. Here is the maths if you want to make a one-block-wonder quilt of your own.

I had some trees cut down two weeks ago so probably all of my quilt photos from now on will be on the string I nailed to the garden shed! The remaining trees are either too close together, too far apart, too round, or the 'forest' is too dark for decent pics.

6 comments:

  1. The shed makes a great background for your quilt. Looks good, always a nice feeling to finish one isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this quilt! Thanks for sharing the measurements. Your versions are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Shed is the perfect background for it! Yay for having a great first finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I think it looks good on the shed too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks wonderful, and the shed is proving very handy for your photo shoots! Linda

    ReplyDelete