Monday, January 26, 2015

Moda Modern Building Block #2

Feedback suggests that this is one of suckiest blocks in the series, but it was nowhere near as horrible as I imagined. (Although now I have looked at some others, turns out the centre night not be right? Oh well, it all fits together and I didn't have any squares left over.) I did purchase some 'Laundry Friend' and it makes seams crisp and flat! I like it. However, the can says highly flammable and that the user should avoid contact with the skin. Hmmm.



It's another big block - 36" or 91cm. And I think it would make a nice little quilt on its own. I have used the same grey with white spot and Schmidt floral, but a different green from the first block.

Now I am all caught up with those blocks, I might get to binding making for one of the small quilts I said I would get finished this 'quarter'.

5 comments:

  1. snap.. I've been busy making this block too! Yes, our versions do look different, but I'm all for personal variation, adds to the fun! Love your setting, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your centre is the same as mine - so if it is wrong, we are both wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and I don't think there's anything wrong with the centre, at least as far as I can see! I looked for starch at the supermarket but they only had Homebrand stuff which was lemon-scented and I just couldn't go there. I know there are fancy starches available in the States and UK, wonder if anyone carries them here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking block. Definitely could be a little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very nice! Where did you get Laundry Friend from? I use Crisp from Pak'n'Save. Starch seems curiously hard to find in NZ

    ReplyDelete