I ordered a great bundle of fabric months ago, only for it to be stolen from the doorstep between the courier leaving it and me getting home from work. So I took the opportunity when I was at Fabricworm/Birch Fabrics in the hols, to purchase a new bundle of fabric - Frolic by Rebecca Ginda. It is kind of aqua-ish. Maybe more teal though.
This weekend, I cut it into 8" squares and some strips and then sewed it all back together again.
It was just under a metre wide, so I added a 4" border to it. And because I only had half a metre of that fabric, I had to add in some Frolic to make it go all the way around.
It looks very, very busy in the pics. I think it looks better in real life. I will take a whole quilt photo outside when the weather is brighter than it is today.
I plan on hand-quilting this one with perle thread - not something I have ever done before. I have always used the 'normal' quilting thread with the aim of having minute stitches. I am confident I will meet the start of October due date.
It measures 117cm x 137cm or 46" x 54". I like a size that will go from cot to being dragged around one day to build tents, etc. I hope it will have a longer period of usefulness.
Meanwhile, the final two circles of the Circle Game need to be unpicked and trimmed back because (again) they don't fit perfectly around the centre circles.