Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Even More Circle Game Progress

Blocks 3 and 4 done.


The centre of the right hand block above is no where near circular. It's about the fourth time I have sewn it. I am going to leave it. I wonder whether once it is basted, it might be flat enough to try appliqueing another circle.

I was a lot more ruthless fabricwise with these surrounds for blocks. I forced myself to the bottom of each colour pile on the shelves so I would have more variety in the blocks. A visit to Ribbon Rose at Mt Wellington on Saturday also helped add five new fabrics to the stash. I haven't been there since they moved from Ellerslie. They have a great selection of fabric - modern (in particular Amy Butler and Kaffe) and traditional. Saves driving all the way to Waimauku to find nice fabrics!

I am also not over-thinking the arrangement of the blocks. Block finished - add it on is my approach with this quilt. (Each block finished measures 14").



(I will link up with Lee at Freshly Pieced once the rest of the world gets to Wednesday!)

13 comments:

  1. They look really beautiful! Great mix of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Circle Game blocks look great....I love the dark grey with the black spot in the corners and all the lovely bright fabrics you have used.....Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am so keen to go visit the Ribbon Rose! These are looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! The fabric/colour combos are stunning....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the different prints together ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun scrappy quilt!! I think using what you have is working well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. I admire your paper piecing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just aren't standing far enough away from the "right hand block" -- it looks fine from here. Love the gray dotted corners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are so lovely. It's so much fun to see your quilt coming together.

    My block 3 doesn't lay all that flat either. (I had to take in a couple of the spiky star? seams in a little to get it to stop resembling a tent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fabrics and in a fun design. Does this design have a name yet? Or are you making it up as you go along?

    ReplyDelete