Monday, April 2, 2012

Here Comes the Sun Quilt

'The Bee Movie' is a perrenial favourite in Yr 9 English during Term 3 when our Whanau and Learning value is Confidence. 'Here Comes the Sun' is sung in 'The Bee Movie'. Every year I am tempted to sing along in class. But I don't.

Here's the start of my 'Here Comes the Sun' baby quilt. Not sure which baby it will be for yet - colleague's or new niece/nephew due in September. I deliberately left school an hour earlier than I usually do so I could come home and have a play.


I stocked up on yellows at Patchwork Passion on Saturday and am using a bluey-grey favourite I bought from my local, The Crafty Needle. The bluey-grey looks so much better than just grey next to the yellow. The top photo is the most accurate for colour.


This is the quilt that has inspired me. Cute. I plan for mine to have have four big suns. I enlarged the original pattern by 50%. So maybe each sun will be 24"ish x 24"ish. I am not sewing through paper to make the suns as per the instuctions for foundation piecing. I am just cutting and sewing with super-care. I fail to see why I need to sew through paper if cut and sew straight. So far so good. I will let you know how I get on.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be able to sing along to your sewing instead of in class! I'll be interested to see how you get on without the paper.

    ReplyDelete