Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wonky Log Cabin - A Start

All of the fabric has finally arrived - the downside of buying it from America. Washed and dried it yesterday. Cut and sewed it today.



Have made 5 blocks. Not sure how many I am going to need. Between 25 and 30 is my guesstimate at this stage. And while they are slightly different sizes at the mo, I will straighten them up later to about 14" x 14".

The fabrics we (me and cousin Kelly - because the quilt is for Kell's Mum, Aunty Judy) chose are:
  • Timeless Teasures C8224 - light turquoise on turquoise
  • Honeycomb by Kei Fabrics in Blue and Red
  • Mamma Birds by Valorie Wells
  • Mini Mikes Ting Gingham by Michael Miller - red
  • Plain grey and plain white
  • Just Wing It by Momo for Moda - blue on blue fine stripe
  • Metro Living by Robert Kaufman - navy with white circles


I found these tutorials useful Tall Grass Prairie Studio's, Blempgorf''s and Quilt Dad's.

No comments:

Post a Comment